Website URJA Trust
URJA Trust is a Mumbai based grassroots non-profit NGO working with homeless young women (and in certain cases their children), between the ages of 18-30 years, who have been forced to leave their houses, or have chosen to leave their houses due to a variety of reasons including a desire to improve their circumstances and lead a life of their own choice, to escape poverty, violence (mental, physical, emotional, sexual), dysfunctional families, discrimination faced by them or their community.
The role of the Counsellor is to facilitate individual and group counselling sessions with participants and provide other mental health related inputs aimed at promoting psychological wellbeing amongst the participants.
Key Job Areas
Counselling Support to Participants
- Establish rapport with survivors of gender based violence, maintaining confidentiality while providing unconditional positive regard.
- Carry out mental health assessments with participants which will be used as a base to design specific and holistic interventions.
- Conduct regular group and individual counselling sessions with participants to enable them to gain insight into their behaviour, improve interpersonal relationships, develop health communication style and learn healthy coping mechanisms.
- Collaborate with case workers and other relevant staff to discuss and inform comprehensive plans that are created for participants and share relevant information.
- Conduct counselling sessions with partners and/or family of participants/ community peoples if and when required.
- Refer the participant to other mental health professionals like psychiatrist and therapist if required.
- Link participants to suitable mental health institutions for services outside the purview of the organisation based on their needs.
- Conduct capacity building sessions with the team members on mental health.
- Plan and execute the mental health awareness sessions.
- Engage in mental health advocacy at individual, systemic and community level.
Reporting & Documentation
- Document all sessions and maintain records of the history of participants.
- Maintain data regarding psychiatrist and therapist appointments and follow-ups.
- Submit reports regarding mental health related activities conducted to organization’s management.
- Masters in Counselling/ Clinical Psychology with at least 3 years of experience of working as Counsellor/Psychotherapist in a reputed Mental Health Institute/Clinic at the District/State level.
- A person sensitive to caste, gender issues and with social awareness.
- Strong communication skills in English, Hindi and Marathi (both written and oral) Women (and trans) candidates over the age of 25 years
20000 – 25000 (commensurate to experience)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.