Website Research Project
We are seeking to hire a bright and motivated person, holding at least a Bachelor’s degree in Tamil/English/Gender Studies/Social Sciences to transcribe in Tamil and translate into English field research interviews and focus group discussions for a project on gender-based violence in Tamil Nadu.
We intend to hire the transcriptionist and translator as a Project Associate for a monthly salary for one year.
Applicants must therefore :
- Have and demonstrate native fluency in Tamil and written fluency in English
- Have experience in professional translation work
- Be naturally meticulous and disciplined
In order to apply, please submit the following documents by July 15th, 2021:
- Well-drafted cover letter (in Tamil or English) explaining your interest in this experience and affirming your full-time availability
- Resume (bio-data or CV)
- Sample of your writing, in either Tamil and English
- One letter of support from someone for whom you have done translation work
- List of two additional professional references, at least one of whom should talk about your language skills
Duration: One Year contract position
Starting Date: August 1st, 2021
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.