Website Asia Society
PURPOSE: The Programme Officer works with the Programming team on developing content and administrative aspects to enhance and execute the Centres’ initiatives across arts and culture.
The responsibilities of the Programme Officer will include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Programme Manager to develop and curate timely and relevant cultural programmes that are strategically aligned with Asia Society’s broader institutional goals
- Develop a strong network of relationships with the arts community in South Asia and identify strategic ways to build programming collaborations
- Conceptualising, developing and executing the sixth edition of the Asia Arts Game Changer Awards 2022
- Developing and managing an arts patron programme for Asia Society India Centre in partnership with the Asia Society Museum
- Identifying a relevant and timely list of potential thought leaders and speakers to support Asia Society’s programming in arts & culture
- Communicating and networking with institutions, professionals and interfacing with prospective partners
- Maintaining Asia Society’s web presence, including institutional calendar, and post-event descriptions
- Managing logistics, including liaising with headquarters in New York and Asia Society’s global centres
- Managing the Centre’s public relations, social media and other communications work, particularly Instagram.
- Identifying funding opportunities and drafting series proposals
The applicant must possess:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in arts or a related field
- A minimum two years professional work experience preferably with experience of programme development and/or administration in an arts organization.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English; the ability to work independently and take initiative, but also function as a member of a team
- Detail-oriented administrative capabilities; the ability to undertake diverse tasks and work on multiple projects concurrently
- A demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of the arts including contemporary art, art history, crafts, and performance
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Proficiency in basic graphic design: on Photoshop/InDesign and Canva
- Ability to be open minded and comfortable working in a multi-cultural, fast paced environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
For positions in Mumbai, please email:
- A cover letter, indicating your interest and qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A writing sample (3-5 pp. max)
to Programme Manager Ketaki Varma at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Application: Programme Officer – Art sand Culture’.
This is a full time position.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those candidates selected for interviews. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in the position and Asia Society India Centre.
Asia Society is an equal-opportunity employer.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.