- Full Time
Website India Foundation for the Arts
India Foundation for the Arts is looking for a Communications Officer who will be responsible for all communication tasks related to the organisation.
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) is an independent, nationwide, not-for-profit organisation that makes grants and implements projects across research, practice and education in the arts and culture across India, since 1995.
- Write and edit crisp, concise, and accessible communication material, aimed at internal and external audiences, for our different platforms, including print, social media, website, and e-mailers. This would include Annual Reports, Calendars, Newsletters, Website, Requests for Proposals, Project Showcases, Minutes of Board Meetings, Plans and Quarterly Reviews, Brochures etc. and ensure that institutional documents are up-to-date
- Conceptualise and be enthusiastic about driving communication campaigns programmes at IFA to help raise awareness about the organisation
- Communicate, generate content, write blurbs and scripts about grants and projects through print, video, email and other social media platforms
- Help build audiences for various events: showcases of projects supported by IFA, fundraisers and outreach initiatives
- Be aware of developments across the organisation and manage, review and update content for the website
- Work closely with the designer to co-produce other communication material such as merchandise
- Be a part of the IFA team, contribute through ideas, and take responsibilities for additional work as and when required
- Excellent writing, editing, proofing, time-management, and multi-tasking skills
- While proficiency in English is a must, knowledge of other Indian languages will be an addition
- The ability to manage, negotiate, coordinate with and liaise between various staff members to gather information for multiple communication material within tight deadlines
- The ability and experience to develop and generate original concepts and content and writing copy for communication material that is consistent and of high quality across media (print, web, audio-visual, etc.) This would include its timely development, planning, delivery, and production, in partnership with the designer
- Knowledge of developments and debates in the arts and culture
Basic knowledge of design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver will be a bonus.
Please note that this is a full-time position, based out of the IFA Office in Bangalore. However, given the pandemic, the selected candidate could work remotely for now but we would expect them to relocate to Bangalore as soon as possible.
Between Rs 5.5 and 6 lakh per annum depending on the candidate’s skills and relevant work experience.
Applicants should send a detailed CV, a cover letter stating their reasons for wanting to work with IFA, and two samples of their writing – at least one of which should be related to the field of the arts to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should say ‘Application for Communications Officer’.
Any application received without the above-mentioned documents will not be considered. The deadline for applications is July 30, 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone, Zoom and tested on editing and proofing skills.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.