Website India Foundation for the Arts (IFA)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) is looking for a Programme Officer for their Archives and Museums programme.
IFA is an independent, nationwide, not-for-profit, organisation that makes grants and implements projects across practice, research and education in the arts and culture, in India. Set up as a Public Charitable Trust in 1993, IFA started making grants and implementing projects in 1995, and has continued its work over 25 years. IFA has supported over 680 arts projects disbursing over Rs 25 crore, across the country.
The candidate will be managing the Archives and Museums programme at IFA, and lead a virtual museum that is currently being set up.
The Archives and Museums programme aims to activate and energise museums and archives as platforms for dialogue and discourse. It seeks to provide the institution, as well as scholars and practitioners, the opportunity to generate new, critical and creative approaches to engage the public, based on materials in selected archives and museums. (Read more about the programme here.)
Over the next year, IFA is also setting up a virtual museum for a community, with experts from the field. This will be managed by the candidate.
- Build, implement and review annual plans for the programme and the virtual museum in consultation with the ED
- Build sustainable partnerships with select museums and archives across India
- Facilitate artists, curators, scholars and researchers in developing projects which will be implemented by IFA with these partners
- Provide intellectual and creative support for these projects and review them
- Organise workshops to facilitate knowledge sharing and capacity building
- Disseminate information about the programme in appropriate ways including through networks, seminars, and presentations
- Write programme and project related documents as required
- Lead and manage the virtual museum
- Shoulder wider institutional responsibilities when required
- Participate in discussions and if required, management of projects of IFA’s other programmes
- Any other related work as required from time to time
- Post-graduate degree from a recognised university in arts/humanities
- Eight or more years of experience working in arts practice/research/curation, and/or managing programmes in the arts/humanities in India
- Conversant with current debates in the arts and humanities broadly and specifically on museum curation, archives and archival research
- Conversant with current technological advances in the area of museums and archives
- Ability to understand and implement financial plans including budgets
- Ability to network and represent the organisation at different forums
- Excellent writing and public communication abilities
- Fluency in one or more Indian languages other than English
- Empathy, criticality, patience, determination and a sense of curiosity in the arts
Remuneration: Rs 7.5 Lakh to 8.5 Lakh per annum, depending on experience and skill
Location: Bangalore. This position entails considerable travel across India.
Term: Five years, on a contractual basis
- Covering letter, clearly stating interest in the role.
- Résumé, detailing previous experience.
An application received without the above mentioned attachments will not be considered.
Educational and professional references, one from each sector will be sought when the candidate is shortlisted.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone or virtually; and then in-person in Bangalore. The selected candidate will be expected to join by March 2022.
Send your applications by email to email@example.com with the subject line: Application for Programme Officer: Archives and Museums programme.
The deadline for applications is January 31, 2022.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.