Website Point of View
TechSakhi is a digital safety helpline for women and LGBTQIA+ persons run by Point of View, a Mumbai based non-profit that works on gender and technology.
Piloted in February 2022 in Hindi, TechSakhi has served hundreds of callers with accurate and personalized information on countering online harassment and increasing digital security. The helpline provides empathic, confidential and empowering support.
We have ambitious plans for TechSakhi over the next two years. We will scale up the Hindi service to reach
millions across India and roll out the helpline in Bengali, Marathi, and Tamil. We will build partnerships with organizations working with women and gender minorities in low-income communities, and run educational campaigns around digital safety. And we will ensure people can reach TechSakhi how they want – through calls, messages, emails, and social media.
What we’re looking for :
As we move from pilot to scale-up, we are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial Project Lead for TechSakhi.
This is a director level or C-level position. She/they will exponentially grow TechSakhi into India’s first multilingual omni-channel helpline on digital safety for women and LGBTQIA+ persons by 2024.
If that’s you, you are:
• Driven to succeed
• A person of integrity
• Successfully run or grown large multi-component projects or scaled up products to reach many more
people (a proven track record is a must). In other words, you have strong project/product growth
experience, including financial management.
• Immense energy (and excitement) to lead growth-stage projects or products through their life cycle,
including the ability to effectively navigate ongoing challenges.
• Excellent team-building skills. You have successfully built and mentored a project team to achieve large
targets and are comfortable working collaboratively and remotely.
• Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and analytically, with expertise in complex problem-solving
and decision-making. The ability to exercise sound judgment is critical to this position.
• Creative approaches and innovation to respond to a diverse set of ‘customer’ needs.
• Deep understanding of/interest in gender equality and digital technologies.
• Rigorous attention to detail, quality and impact.
Working with a team of 10-15 persons, you will be responsible for ensuring that TechSakhi meets the
following outcomes by mid-2024:
• Increased awareness among more than 12 lakh people about TechSakhi
• Increased knowledge of digital safety and security among more than 40,000 women, girls and LGBTQIA+ persons in low-income communities
• Strengthened capacity to effectively respond to 46,000 calls from Hindi callers
• Successful rollout of TechSakhi in 3 more Indian languages (Bengali, Marathi, Tamil)
• Establishment of a digital safety network of 200+ organizations and agencies.
• Creation of a comprehensive knowledge base in 4 languages including thematic collections based on user needs.
This is a full-time position.
Anywhere within India; this is a remote position. You must be extremely comfortable working remotely.
Competitive salaries within the non-profit sector
To Point of View’s Executive Director
1 November 2022 (negotiable)
Names of three professional references, including one referee from the last three years.
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com by 23 September 2022.
• An updated resume or CV
• A 2-page (max) explaining why you are the ideal candidate. Tell us everything we can’t get from your CV -please specify your experience with running or growing a multi-component product/project.
Application Deadline : 23 September 2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.