Website Prajnya Trust
Prajnya is a Chennai-based non-profit organisation working on issues related to peace, justice and security. Every year, between 25 November and 10 December, Prajnya organises the 16 Days Campaign against Gender Violence to raise awareness of the different ways in which women, in particular, are vulnerable to violence. To find out more about the campaign, please see the Prajnya 16 Days Campaign against Gender Violence page. For the 2021 campaign, Prajnya is looking to hire a Campaign Assistant from October 1 to December 31, 2021.
- This position requires a working knowledge of Tamil;
- We are open to applicants who will only be able to work remotely, although we would prefer Chennai-based applicants who might be able to come in to our office for limited periods of time.
- The position will require long work hours immediately before and during the campaign period, whether working from home or from our office.
The Campaign Assistant will take responsibility for all campaign-related logistics including execution of programmes, drafting of relevant documents and active follow-up with partners and resource persons.
Interested candidates must:
- Have an undergraduate degree in any discipline;
- Have basic knowledge of and interest in gender and human rights issues;
- Have good writing and drafting skills in English, and be fluent in spoken Tamil; knowledge of written Tamil will be an advantage;
- Have strong administrative skills and a willingness to multitask;
- Be able to carry out basic research online and must be proficient at using the Internet for research and communication;
- Have access to the Internet from home, be extremely comfortable working on digital platforms, and be proficient at Word, Excel and other packages.
This position is ideal for recent social science/humanities/social work/ development/gender studies graduates to earn excellent experience in advocacy and organization. All interested candidates must email their CV, a relevant writing sample and a brief covering note to email@example.com by September 15, 2021. Please provide the names of two referees. Only complete applications will be considered.
Remuneration: Rs. 10,000-15,000, based on experience
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.